His peers describe Mr. Hunn as an extremely capable Development Professional, possessing a unique blend of work-realted and educational experiences including:
- Strategic, creative project planning to ensure win/win/win outcomes
- Envisioning the product as well as the project
- Product research, product definition and floor plan refinement
- Design critique / design process management including technical disciplines
- Pursuit of internal and external consensus / entitlements
- Sales and marketing / product pricing / revenue enhancement
- Estimating / budgeting / financial anaylsis
- Contract review / contract negotiation, HOA / Club / HUD documents
- Project / Construction management, quality control / quality assurance
- Project close-out, punch list inspections, warranty period management
- Dispute resolution / avoidance of litigation / expert witness
Mr. Hunn possesses a wide range of valuable skills and the credibility to successfully lead Development Teams and he brings value in virtually every facet of the Development process. Mr. Hunn has worked the majority of his career on the Owner's side of the table, serving the best interests of the owner / operator of the facilities being developed.
Before establishing Hunn Consulting Group, LLC in December of 2008, Mr.Hunn held a variety of positions throughout his 32-year career, most recently as the Executive Vice President of the Royal Lahaina Development Group on Maui, Hawaii. Prioi to that, Mr. Hunn held the position of Senior Vice President of Vail Resorts Development Company, (VRDC), where he was most recently responsible for the Vail's New Dawn development campaign, consisting of the successful development of the Lodge at Vail Chalets, the ArraBelle at Vail Square, Gore Creek Town Homes, The Ritz Carlton Residences and Founder's Park and Parking. Prior to his departure from VRDC, Mr. Hunn completed the initial planning and acquisition of properties essential to implement the planned development of the $2B "Ever Vail" project, to be constructed west of Lionshead.
During his career, Mr. Hunn has gained experience in the planning, design, construction and development of a variety of project types:
- High-end residential including wholly owned and fractional product
- Luxury hotel including new construction, renovation and conversions
- Mixed-use retail, ski rental shops, build-to-suit for tenants
- Office, medical and parking facilities
- Restaurants including fine-dine, cafeteria, indoor / outdoor facilities
- Golf clubhouse and golf maintenance facilities
- Ski club, lunch club and locker club facilities
- All types of ski area operating facilities, children's centers and day care facilities
- Performing arts facilities
Mr. Hunn was instrumental in the due-diligence analysis of certain acquisitions for Vail Resorts and Rock Resorts over the years and has worked productively with such brands as Marriott, Ritz-Carlton and Four Seasons. Mr. Hunn has produced a legacy of memorable and enduring projects, primarily in the resort communities of Vail and Beaver Creek, Colorado. Mr. Hunn was an original member of the elie team recruited to develop the resort community of Beaver Creek, Colorado. He then continued his involvement in the development of the Bachelor Gulch and Red Sky Ranch communities. Mr. Hunn served on Design Review Boards for many years, guiding the quality of design and development of all third party projects in Beaver Creek, Bachelor Gulch and Red Sky Ranch.
During his career, Mr. Hunn has overseen the development of over 350 projects, primarily in Colorado. Additionally, Mr. Hunn has managed projects in California, Nevada, Florida, Washington, Wyoming and Hawaii. Mr. Hunn has supervised as many as 35 employees in multiple business units, and has been the Executive in charge of multiple projects, running concurrently, and totaling $1B in scope. Mr. Hunn has conducted himself with integrity throughout his career and has earned a reputation of excellance, competency and fair dealings throughout the development industry.